See the Website
Superior quality and an enduring commitment to emphasizing flavor is what makes this 5th generation family farm one of the most successful providers of locally grown food in the state of Indiana.
“Hands on” owners Randy and Linda Stout take pride in offering possibly the widest selection of produce in Indiana. For example, they have hundreds of varieties of tomatoes, peppers and squash to go along with 50 acres of sweet corn, 40,000 tomato plants, 60,000 pepper plants and 120 acres of other produce. Add to this 17,000 square feet of greenhouse space, 12,000 mums, 30 acres of pumpkins and 13 homemade “Taste of Summer” products Linda makes in an FDA certified and approved kitchen.
Randy and Linda recognized the growing demand for locally grown food by health conscious consumers and asked The Woodhaven Group to design and produce a website to compliment their existing Facebook page. They both said that the website had to represent the high quality and commitment to the customer that was typical of everything else they did. The goal was to attract more new purchasers of the Stouts Melody Acre’s products.
The Woodhaven Group team embraced the challenge given to us by the Stouts. After multiple “Discovery” meetings we initiated the following actions:
· Created a new logo for the Stouts Melody Acres brand that was new and fresh looking
· Identified a color palette and font type that complimented the red-checkered cloth look to be used on the website. The red-checkered cloth was used by Randy’s grandmother when she sold at farmers markets.
· Designed a unique Facebook icon link for the header of each website page
· Featured “A Taste of Summer” product line section prominently on the home page with a link to its own page and the FDA logo emphasized
· Incorporated photos of the produce in a rotating slideshow at the top of each page of the website
· Utilized the Woodhaven Accordion to individually highlight the produce on its own page
· Included a Contact Us form at the bottom of each page to allow visitors to easily ask questions or make comments to the Stouts
· Included a map of the main location and separate produce stand selling Stouts Melody Acres products
· Included a “Where to Buy” section to announce which Farmers Markets Stouts were selling at this week
· Utilized a Content Management System that allowed the Stouts to make their own content changes to the website
· The website was designed using responsive web design making all the web pages easily readable on any kind of mobile device
· Incorporated keyword analysis in the copywriting used on the website to make the website search engine friendly
· Used Google analytics to identify number of visitors, time spent on the website and much more.
The success of this website for Stouts Melody Acres has resulted in the implementation of a Phase II Internet marketing strategy which included adding more pages and initiating an e-newsletter campaign to new and existing customers. The Woodhaven Group is pleased to have contributed to one of the best years experienced by Stouts Melody Acres.
“I thought you would like to know that our website is doing what we hoped. We have 3 different customers come to the farm and buy plants today that have mentioned that they found us from our website. We are getting calls almost everyday. As silly as it may sound it’s been really exciting for Randy and I the past few days when people mention our website. We could not have done without all of you. Thanks again.
Randy and Linda Stout